Friday, April 25, 2008

“The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice.” ~ Bhagavad Gita

I think I have a problem and I completely blame my Grandmother. Maybe even my Grandmother before her.

See, just about every Spring I get restless. I don't know why. I'm starting to think it's the same kind of restlessness that causes birds to migrate every year. They've done studies in which they put migratory birds in cages during their annual flight time and the birds flop around trying to get out or sit on a perch and continuously flap their wings as if flying.

My restlessness occurs in my brain. I get distracted looking "over there" or "on the other side of the fence". I spend time wondering what it would be like if I just packed everything tonight and moved to London, for example. I love my city, but if given the chance, I'd leave in a heartbeat. Often, I wish Hubby had a job that forced him to relocate. I would love picking everything up and starting over somewhere completely foreign.

I think if I could afford to travel, it would make my brain settle down. Unfortunately, high tuition costs and lack on income prevent me from saying "Hey, Hubby, let's take a jaunt to see the Sequoias next weekend!" Or, "Let's vacation to see the world's largest pool in Spain!"

Maybe when I graduate (in 2-3 years) I should look for a job that requires travel.

So, I ask you: Does this happen to you? How do you fix it? Also, if you *could* pack your necessitites and move (to live), where would you?

3 comments:

Triana said...

Oh you know I suffer from the same affliction. And gads I'm feeling majorly trapped right now.

Travel helps. Though I'm not going to the places I want to go right now, but it does help. San Diego and Seattle last year saved me. Sadly I have no plans for any trips right now and it hurts. My mom wants me to take her to Vegas and the Grand Canyon...ok, it's not exactly the Ireland trip I had in mind, but it will do!

So more trips, I say!

Unknown said...

I'd hit New Zealand in a heart beat. One little heart beat...

Always-a-Student said...

Ireland and New Zealand. Two places I'd really like to go.

If it weren't for that pesky 24 hour flight to the land down under.... :)

She wrote more?

Map