This quote resonated well for me this week. Some of you already know, but in case I haven't told you... here is our newest neighborhood adventure.
I woke up Wednesday night to seeing what looked like someone's hazard lights in front of my house. Hubby was not home, so I immediately get defensive of my territory. I throw on my glasses and look out the window. I see my neighbor's house (directly across from ours) on fire. I throw on some pants (cuz I doubt the neighbors want to see my undies!) and grab my cell phone. Outside, a few people had already gathered and called the police.
Within just a few minutes, the fire was far beyond control by a garden hose. We all just looked on helplessly. We could hear the house cracking and popping, windows shattering from the heat. No one was living in the house; it had been abandonded for the last few months and for that, I was grateful. I don't know what would have happened if there were people or animals in trouble. Since we live in such a rural area it took the Fire Department longer to arrive than it would in the city.
Very, very fortunately, there was someone there who saw the monster who started the fire. The witness didn't live in the neighborhood, but was so enraged by what he saw he managed to hunt the (alleged) arsonist down. He personally escorted the police to the firebug's house and they had him in handcuffs within an hour.
I captured video and pictures of the event. I hope to not see anything like that ever again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Awww... my first spam. How sweet.
And I only get one hug? Sheesh.
Post a Comment