Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let's get this party started!

I'm going to be generous and start out the "redistribution of wealth" with something I have and excess of: OPTIMISM! Here, have some! You over there, here's yours! I've been feeling sparkly for 2 days now.

Though it seems our country started redeeming itself and took several steps in the right direction, there were a couple of steps backwards. I'm absolutely horrified at California, Florida, Arizona and Arkansas. I will never understand the hate and bigotry 51% or more of the voters in those states hold so dear. It makes me sick to know those people who voted to ban gay marriage will go on with their lives, feeling morally superior. Meanwhile, innocent people who were trying to *also* just live their lives had their lives turned upside down. Having tasted equality, their neighbors selfishly ripped it away. My heart goes out to those families.

I had a nice talk with my biology professor about the election and politics yesterday. It's nice to hear my socially conscious ideas come from the mouth of an actual scientist. I wasn't looking for validation, but there it was.

What am I doing here?! I have homework to do.

No comments:

She wrote more?

Map