Monday, October 13, 2008

Where am I? Who are you?

They always said that time flies faster and faster as you get older. I have no idea where the last 4 months went. I wish I could say that I blacked out and my superhero alterego performed some really awesome feats that benefited society. Nope. Just school. I think about blogging often, but I feel guilty writing here when I could be memorizing more O-chem stuff.

I really can't wait until the election is over. I'm so sick of hearing the same lines over and over and over and over. Really, they (whoever *they* are) should make the election season 6 months tops. It's maddening. I recently had the pleasure (read that word dripping with sarcasm) of getting dragged into a political debate with two old white men in overalls. In Oklahoma. At 2 in the morning. (shakes head) The best part was that they were trying to convince me that humans were not sexual beings and we should only have sex to have children. I'm not sure if they really believed that rule applied to themselves. I find that most people who want to impose their morality on others don't like it when those same rules limit their own behavior. I would be willing to bet money that they'd had sex more than 2 or 3 times in their lives. I don't think they left the farm much, so all I could do was look on in amazement and pity.

On the other side of the spectrum there is my anthropology teacher. It warms the cockles of my bleeding heart to hear old people more feisty than I am. I love it when he goes off on tangents during class about politics or Republican haircuts. He's mentioned his age as being more than 60, but I think he'd be fun to have a beer with. Maybe after the final. ;)

Time for bed. I think I've rambled enough.

No comments:

She wrote more?

Map