Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time flies

My life has been consumed with math. Limits and derivatives. I dream of them, I see triangles and pi while driving, sin and cos in the electric wires. I even tried to figure out, while hovering in that not-quite-asleep-yet-not-quite-awake place, what the limit of x --> 5 of my dog. (I'll say it is +∞!) I suppose that means I'm truly internalizing calculus. Surprisingly, I am enjoying my time in the class. Somehow, this prof just makes it all make sense. I think she's my new hero. :)

I don't have any more exciting news. I've just been spending some of my free time catching up on the news I missed while swamped by classes and homework.

I am so stoked at sunny California. It's about time some of our elected officials change the hate and bigotry in our current laws. People are people and no one has a right to say who another person can marry. Rock on, Cali! Now, I wonder how long it will take for Texas. *snorts* Right. It's the capital of BigotLand. What I wouldn't give to live elsewhere.

I'm also sad that George Carlin died. I really admire outspoken, feisty people. He was so courageous to stand up for what he believed in and I'm sure he changed the lives of many people simply through comedy. He's one celebrity I would have liked to have met.

Oh hey, The Goonies just came on. I leave you with some true inspiration:
Mikey: Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

No comments:

She wrote more?

Map