I'm convinced now that college is simply a series of tests of your own personal limits. It's not *really* about learning obscure equations. Just when I think I can't take any more, I surprise myself.
After a few weeks of my self esteem being beaten to a bloody pulp, I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I've accomplished in my swimming class. Going into this course I was not a strong swimmer and I could not dive. After laps upon laps upon laps, I think I have *finally* learned the correct strokes! And I'm not as scared! We actually recorded ourselves swimming and diving. Expect a video uploaded very soon. :)
The story is not the same for chemistry, however. Hopefully, my rockin' grades in Bio and swimming will balance out my chem grades. Grrrrrr..... I really am counting down the minutes until the end of the semester. Ugh.
Anybody want to go to Barton Springs? Kayaking? I'm itching for outdoor activities.
Oh yeah, my photo up top? I made that in chem lab. My research is going well, too. I am comfortable with PCR and am able to do it with minimal contamination! I figure any contamination I get will automatically be cat hair from my shirt that fell in the tubes while I wasn't looking. Awwww! Amplified Izzi! I could use more of that!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment