After spending the morning at the mechanic's shop with a cantankerous car, I went to the grocery store to pick up supplies. This story leads me to a pet peeve of mine. Does pushing a cart in the middle of piles of food make people insane? Just like squirrels are distracted by shiny things, shoppers seem to be distracted by ding dongs and extra large bags of cheetos. For the love of all that is holy, move your cart to the side when you decide to inspect every carton of ice cream. Why is that so hard?! It's like everyone else in the universe ceases to exist and they don't care that they're blocking the *entire* aisle. But I've come up with a solution. I move their baskets for them. You should see the panic in their daydreaming eyes when some strange person grabs their cart and shoves it over.
On a similar note, here's another pet peeve of mine. Children in movie theatres. I made the mistake of going to a movie in the middle of the afternoon. I picked a primo seat, then began to eat my hotdog. That's when mommy and chatterbox came in and sat down directly behind me. It wouldn't have been bad if the brat could have kept her mouth shut, but she was scared and didn't understand the movie. Did I mention that we were watching I Am Legend? Yeah, brilliant mommy brought her 6 year old to see this. Do me a favor, moms. Don't. Take. Small. Children. To. Horror. Movies. Period. Do what my mother did and rent the suckers and watch them at home. Sheesh.
Oh, I have more peeves, but these are just 2 of them that happened recently.
But there *are* parents that rock. This lady, for instance. Her son broke 1 of 2 rules when she bought him a car, so she sold it. It was the ad she placed that rocks.
The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."Awesome.



No comments:
Post a Comment