Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One down, two to go

I took my first final in 7 years! It wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be. All of the questions on the test were much more general than the regular section tests.
Now all I have left are 2 tests on Monday. Chemistry..... oh god. I'm sweating bullets for this one.

On the homefront: we finally got wireless, rocket fueled internet access at home! I'm so very excited! But guess what I discovered? YOUTUBE!!! Actually, they have some really great science videos posted. I used them as study suppliments this week and it was fun! I actually posted some of my own videos just for grins and giggles. Get your mind out of the gutter... my babies are so cute I had to share them in action. :)

Let's see... what else can I talk about to procrastinate on studying? Oh yeah! We went to a house party this weekend and did a couple of things I'd never done before. Firstly, I won playing Chalupa, which is Mexican bingo. But they are hardcore ... they play for money. It's a good thing they did because Rob and I took all of it! I don't know if you've ever played, but it's just like regular bingo except the pieces we used were dried pinto beans and the cards had pictures on them. They'd call out the item, like The Drunkard for instance, and you place your bean. Whatever formation decided upon beforehand wins. 4 in a row, blackout, etc. They started the game, but forgot about those of us who didn't speak Spanish. The caller says "La Pera" and holds the card out. I search my card frantically for something that looks like what she's holding out. She notices my frenzy and says, "Oh, sorry, for the Mexican impaired, this is a pear." So, it's like I HAD to win to keep my dignity. :)

Here's a pic of me and my winnings!
Chalupa!


The other thing I'd never done was watch a professional boxing match. I got surprisingly involved in the the Hatton - Mayweather fight. Mostly because I caught a TV ad telling background on one of the fighters. Two random guys duking it out in a ring is much less appealing than watching two guys about whom I know personal details.

Or maybe I just have a ninja deep in my soul. :) That's got to be it.

No comments:

She wrote more?

Map